Join the dialogue!
We want to expand the critical conversation about enameling among enamelists, other artists, collectors, art historians, and the general public. Our goal is to support the growth of enameling as an art practice and help establish it as a respected art form.
We need your help.
We know that our readers are talented, experienced, and opinionated, and we would love to help you reach a broader audience. We are looking for critical contributions on a variety of topics, including
- the history of enameling in the U.S.
- reviews and essays about current exhibitions, books, movies, and other relevant publications.
- detailed technical articles about some aspect of enameling technique. More than simply how-to’s, these will delve into the science behind the art of enameling, and open the discussion to new developments.
- assessments of issues affecting professionals in our field today
- additions to the compendium of suppliers, technical resources and other useful information we are compiling. Valuable resources get lost in the constant stream of social media and other posts. We would like to serve as a community hub for this kind of information, with a permanent searchable archive on our site.
- re-posts of important articles or blog posts that should reach a broader audience.
For now, these contributions are on a volunteer basis, but we know that this kind of work should be compensated, and we are actively seeking funding. We also hope to eventually create a print publication based on this content.
Please send all ideas, questions, and content to our blog editor through the comments section.
With your help, The Center for Enamel Art can be a vital force helping the art of enameling grow and thrive.
Photos: Gail Reid