The Center for Enamel Art is proud to sponsor this program with our partner, KVO Industries, in Santa Rosa, CA. Our last weekend has been postponed until 2018 because of the turmoil caused by the extensive fires in Northern California, which came within 100 feet of KVO. Stay Tuned for news about the Center’s 2018 large-scale enameling program.
Register Now: Oct.
- If you are already working with porcelain enameled steel you will receive expert technical help. Note: these workdays are not workshops so there will be no formal instruction taking place although there will be lots of knowledge sharing.
- If you are working in other 2-D media this is a wonderful opportunity to explore the creative potential of “porcelain” enamel for painters, drawers, and printmakers.
- For artists working in the venue of “Art in Public Places”, creating large scale 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional “Site Specific” Art, this will give you the opportunity to experience a medium that is color-fast, and impervious to UV light and weather.
- If you are looking to start a small business making beautifully designed functional objects and architectural elements that could incorporate porcelain enameled steel, this is the opportunity to make sample products for future small scale production runs.
- If you have a commission or project that you would like to create in porcelain enameled steel you will be able to come to KVO for a discounted 3-day weekend (Sat.-Mon.) under the auspices of the Center for Enamel Art.
- If you are in instructor wanting to bring a class to work or tour the facility you will be able to book your visit through the Center.
Most tools, equipment, and supplies will be provided or made available for purchase. After you register you will receive more detailed information on how to prepare for a working in the factory. Center for Enamel Art facilitators, will be on hand to assist all participants. KVO staff will provide technical assistance.
$145 – (including most materials and supplies) for individual workdays Saturdays and Sundays only. Facilitators and staff will be on hand.
$750 – day rate for class visits Saturdays and Sundays only. Maximum 10 participants plus instructor. Center facilitators and KVO staff will be on hand.
$750 – 3-day Residency – Saturday through Monday (must be booked for the entire 3 days). Please contact Judy Stone if you are considering a project booking through the Center.
If you would like to work for more than 3 days at KVO you can book additional days directly with KVO. Additional days may cost more per daily rate.
$250 – 2 hour factory tour for 25 participants max. These must be booked directly through the Center for Enamel Art and scheduled according to factory availability with KVO.
KVO is a small firm that specializes in interpretive porcelain enameled steel signage for exterior installation. The company welcomes artists and has produced many public art commissions over the years. They specialize in beautiful 4-color enamel photography, precise screen images, and unprecedented technical excellence of what they produce. Artists can request quotes for projects or commissions and can also ask to come to the factory on a day rate to work on their own projects outside of those days set side for discounted rates by the Center for Enamel Art
About The Enamel Industry
The enamel industry is largely unknown to artists as a means to produce exterior installations that are long lasting, weather- and graffiti-impervious. The medium is suited to one-of-a kind creative functional objects for interior and exterior furnishings, architectural elements, garden and building design. Industrial work is usually made with steel or cast iron.